Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine (JRM) is an international, non-profit, Open Access journal, publishing articles on a broad range of topics within the field. Owned by the Foundation of Rehabilitation Medicine, JRM aims to be a leading worldwide forum for research in physical and rehabilitation medicine, and to increase knowledge in evidence-based clinical rehabilitation. Contributions from all parts of the world and from different professions in rehabilitation are welcome.
Learn more >>
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- As the submitting author, I warrant that I am authorized by all co-authors to submit this version of the manuscript and to be their spokesperson during the review process and beyond.
- The authors warrant that the submission – or a very similar version - has not been previously published, nor is under consideration for another journal.
- The authors warrant that the submitted manuscript is original, and neither it nor any illustration or supplementary material, or any part thereof, are in any way in violation of any existing original or derivative copyright.
- The authors have cleary stated any potential conflicts of interest in the manuscript .
- The authors hereby confirm that they agree with UN’s Declaration of Human Rights (https://www.un.org/en/about-us/universal-declaration-of-human-rights).
- The authors warrant that the submission consists of only one complete Microsoft Word document including the entire manuscript and all figures/tables/illustrations (placed at the end of the paper, after the references). The text is 1.5-spaced; uses 12-point font (Times New Roman); and employs italics, rather than underlining.
- Figures are also submitted in separate, high-resolution files in JPG-, TIFF- or PDF-formats. Related images are to be submitted as one collage per figure.
- The authors warrant that the complete manuscript adheres to the requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, and where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- A native English-speaking medical professional has written OR thoroughly edited the text. The authors are aware that any extensive language editing required after acceptance of the article might incur an extra fee.
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript, the author(s) agrees to pay the publication fee as per the journal’s publication fee policy (Article Processing Charge, APC).
- The authors hereby agree to include names, e-mail addresses and affiliations of suitable suggested reviewers for their manuscript, from their international networks. The authors are however aware that JRM will make the reviewer selection independently.
If I, as the corresponding author, am affiliated with any of the listed institutions making this submission eligible for central payment of the publishing costs through the Bibsam agreement:
- I will indicate this in the field “Bibsam eligibility information / Comments for the Editor” below
- I will use my institutional domain email in my submission, and for the subsequent publication in the event that the submission is accepted.
Section default policy
When publishing articles open access in Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, the author(s) will retain the copyright in their work, and grant first publication rights to Foundation of Rehabilitation Information. In consideration of the publication of the article, the authors grant to Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine the licence to 1) publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the article worldwide in all forms, formats and media now known or as developed in the future, including print, electronic and digital forms, and 2) to translate the article into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the article. Please note that authors are themselves responsible for obtaining permission for reproducing copyrighted material from other sources.
Authors submitting to Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine agree to publish their articles under the CC-BY-NC 4.0 licence, which dictates what others can do with the article once it has been published. This licence allows for the non-commercial reuse of the published paper so long as the published paper is fully attributed.
All commercial requests to re-use the article in whole or in part will be handled by the Foundation for Rehabilitation Information. Any permission fees will be retained by this organization. For the purposes of these terms, “commercial use” means use in any manner that is primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or monetary compensation, including but not limited to provision or distribution (including by way of hyperlink) of the article (including any abstract, figures or tables) in any format.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. Hence it:
- includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process;
- is used to inform readers about the authorship and editing of content;
- enables collecting aggregated data on readership behaviors.